On this blog, you can read several different kinds of articles. Here are the ones that you can currently read:
- The Brilliance of____ In this category I discuss a couple of things why a movie is brilliant and what the movie makes stand out more than other movies. I’ll talk about a certain scene, technique, choice the director made… To enforce my arguments.
- Why _____ is important to film Here I talk about certain aspects of film that really make the film. Things that might go unnoticed by the average viewer, but that do in fact have an impact on the film. Mostly sum up a couple of reasons, accompanied with examples from films in which they did it right, or horribly wrong.
- Movie History! The title itself already says what it’s about: movie history. I try to tell you the basic history of film, its early directors and the evolution of it. As the articles progress, I’ll also move on further in time. For example, my first article in this series is about the origin of film, the second will be about Georges Méliès and so on and forth.
- Oscars I won’t post articles in this category very often because the ceremony is only once a year, but the ones I’ll post are my predictions of the winners of that year.
- Opinion Here I express my opinion on a certain subject. This can vary between articles and movies etc.
- The Badness of____ this category is the opposite of The Brilliance of ___ and here I’ll talk a bit about a film that I disliked and I’ll focus on the main problem of that film.
- Ranked the title basically says it all: I rank movies in this category. The lists can be me ranking my favorite films of certain directors, or just me ranking my favorite films of the year.
- Compare this one’s also quite obvious: I compare things. Here I’ll compare aspects of a movie with how they were in the good ol’ days. I’ve currently done one about movie trailers and about posters, so if you’d like, you can check them out.
- An Ode to___ in this category I’ll talk a bit about my favorite actors, writers or directors and try to tell you why I like them so much.
- Shorties since I don’t have as much time on my hands to write as I did when I started this blog, I’ve decided to bundle some short reviews (five) and put them into one post. These aren’t as in-depth as my other posts, but it briefly gives you my opinion on a handful of movies.
- And lastly, something that isn’t really a category. It’s something that I call ___-week. It’s a week where I dedicate all of the posts put out to a director that’s brought out a film in that same week. In a ___-week you can expect to see An Ode to about the director of the film, an Opinion or a Brilliance of____ about the film and to close the week off I’ll usually rank all of the films of said director.
And those are all of the things you’re able to find on my blog. In the past, I was able to write two articles a week, but that won’t be possible anymore; I’m glad if I’m able to put out one a month. Since recently I’ve also set up an email on which you can contact me, here it is:
“Quotes are for dumb people who can’t come up with something intelligent for them to say on their own” – Bo Burnham